Authorities are investigating the involvement of far-right political consultant Fernando Cerimedo.

In the early hours of Friday, Bolivian police arrested a man and a woman as alleged perpetrators of the armed attack against attorney Nadia Beller in the city of Santa Cruz de la Sierra.

RELATED:

Far-Right Political Consultant Cerimedo Ran a Bot Farm From Bolivia

So far, authorities have identified far-right political consultant Fernando Cerimedo as the mastermind behind the attempted assassination. This Argentine citizen advised the presidential campaigns of Javier Milei in Argentina, Jair Bolsonaro in Brazil and Rodrigo Paz in Bolivia.

Cerimedo was also investigated by Brazil’s Federal Police for his involvement in spreading fake news during the 2022 presidential elections, in which Bolsonaro lost to Lula da Silva and attempted to organize a coup.

#URGENTE
BOLIVIA, DETENCIONES Y ESCANDALO INTERNACIONAL.

Hay 2 asesores de Fernando Cerimedo DETENIDOS y un EX MILITAR profugo que alcanzó a fugarse con U$D 700.000.

El allanamiento a la propiedad del dueño de La Derecha Diario se produce en el marco a una investigación… pic.twitter.com/Iv7a8QxMeI

— Un Dólar (@tintoyfaina) August 21, 2026

The text reads, “Bolivia: arrests and international scandal. Two advisors to Fernando Cerimedo have been arrested, and a former military officer is on the run after escaping with US$700,000. The raid on the property of the owner of La Derecha Diario comes as part of a parallel investigation into illicit enrichment, but according to reports, documentation was found that could lead to the hitmen. Remember that both Javier Milei and Lilia Lemoine defended Cerimedo.”

The photograph shows Fernando Cerimedo (2nd from left) and Karina Milei, the sister of the Argentine president (1st from right).

On Thursday, Bolivia’s anti-crime police force deployed an operation in the Virgen de Lujan and Valle Sanchez neighborhoods, where they located the alleged hitmen linked to the attack on Cerimedo’s former partner. Agents found motorcycle helmets in the suspects’ possession that were similar in characteristics to those used by the attackers.

Authorities suspect the man drove the motorcycle and opened fire on the victim, while the woman assisted in stealing Beller’s purse and cellphone. Both suspects were taken to the offices of the Special Force to Fight Crime (FELCC), pending an official report confirming their material involvement.

In a statement on Friday, the Bolivian Army confirmed that Fritz Gironda, who fled during a raid related to the investigation against Cerimedo, had been an infantry lieutenant but voluntarily submitted his request for retirement.

Cerimedo, who remains detained on suspicion of attempted femicide, broke his silence before the Prosecutor’s Office and FELCC after refusing to testify on two occasions.

“I just want to see my children,” he said, assuring that his relationship with Beller was one of “friendship, with ethics and respect” and denying any involvement in the attack.

During his testimony, Cerimedo said he last saw Nadia Beller on Sunday, Aug. 17, when she mentioned that she was going to the Viru Viru hotel, where she was attacked. Jerjes Justiniano, Beller’s attorney, pointed out that Cerimedo’s phone contains messages stating that “Nadia had to be eliminated.”

The victim of the attempted femicide, who was shot three times and remains hospitalized under police protection, identified Cerimedo as responsible for the attack against her and made allegations of corruption involving Bolivian President Rodrigo Paz and his family.

teleSUR/ JF

Sources: teleSUR – Exito Noticias


From teleSUR English via This RSS Feed.