The Persian nation has been improving the precision, destructive power, and technological sophistication of its military capabilities.

On Thursday, the Islamic Revolution Guard Corps (IRGC) warned that Iran will use more “devastating” weapons if a new war begins against the Persian nation.

RELATED:

Trump Threatens to Crush Any Country Helping Iran

“If another war begins, our weapons will definitely be different… in terms of the generation of missile warheads, as well as their precision and range,” IRGC spokesperson Gen. Hossein Mohebbi said.

“The destructive power of the warheads used in the IRGC’s new missiles is far greater than the models used in the previous wars,” he emphasized, adding that his country has never stopped producing armaments.

Mohebbi also emphasized that Iran is continuously improving its military capabilities, developing weapons with greater precision, destructive power, and technological sophistication.

MORE | The UAE’s announcement to halt all trade and financial transactions with Iran comes after the UAE accused Iran of launching missiles from Iranian territory toward the UAE. The UAE later said the missiles unsuccessfully targeted vessels to disrupt “maritime navigation”.… https://t.co/Y0JivLmijR pic.twitter.com/7SNYWphpbm

— Critical Threats (@criticalthreats) August 20, 2026

His statements came shortly after U.S. President Donald Trump escalated his threats against Iran and announced an “unprecedented” offensive, the “Economic D-Day.”

On Feb. 28, Israel and the U.S. launched joint attacks on Tehran and other Iranian cities, killing Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei, military commanders and civilians. Iran responded with waves of missile and drone attacks targeting Israel and U.S. bases and assets in the region.

On April 8, a ceasefire was reached between the warring parties. Later, on June 18, Iran and the U.S. signed a memorandum of understanding on ending the war in the region on all fronts. However, hostilities between the two countries have repeatedly erupted since then.

Regarding the clashes between Yemeni insurgents and Saudi Arabia, Gen. Mohebbi said Riyadh would be unable to contain them.

Despite more than two years of war in Gaza, “Israel has failed to inflict serious damage on Hamas,” he pointed out and argued that Saudi Arabia, “whose military capabilities are weaker than those of the Israeli regime,” could not be expected to defeat the Yemenis.

teleSUR/ JF

Sources: Xinhua – EFE


From teleSUR English via This RSS Feed.