
Nadia Beller survived three gunshot wounds and remains under police protection at a medical center in Santa Cruz.
On Tuesday, Bolivian lawyer Nadia Beller, who survived an attack against her and remains under police protection at a medical center in Santa Cruz, made accusations linking her former partner, Argentine political adviser Fernando Cerimedo, to acts of corruption and extortion networks linked to Bolivian President Rodrigo Paz.
RELATED:
La Derecha Diario Spreads Disinformation in Latin America: Sheinbaum
Among the allegations raised, she mentioned the granting of permits for the takeoff of small planes linked to drug trafficking, mainly from the eastern part of the country, which Cerimedo allegedly justified to her as a supposed radar-based monitoring strategy.
Beller also implicated the Bolivian first lady, Maria Elena Urquidi, in the collection of commissions and irregular intermediation within the market for the supply and international sale of fuels such as diesel and gasoline.
In response to her statements, Presidential Spokesman Jose Luis Galvez rejected the accusations, calling them risky, and demanded that evidence be presented to support them.
Nevertheless, Galvez acknowledged that Cerimedo did serve as a personal adviser to Paz, although he did not appear in the official payroll records of the Bolivian state.
La noche del 17 de agosto, en un hotel de la zona Canal Isuto de Santa Cruz de la Sierra (Bolivia), dos sicarios disfrazados de repartidores de delivery le dispararon tres veces a quemarropa a la abogada y activista Nadia Shirley Beller Delgado, de 33 años.
Ella se tiró al piso,… pic.twitter.com/Zb0vBxUpQv
— Anxious Vids
(@Anxiousvids) August 18, 2026
The text reads, “On the night of August 17, in a hotel in the Canal Isuto area of Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia, two hitmen disguised as delivery drivers shot 33-year-old lawyer and activist Nadia Shirley Beller Delgado three times at point-blank range.
She threw herself to the floor, pretended to be dead, and survived. She underwent surgery at the Clínica Las Américas, where she was four weeks pregnant. From the hospital, she accused her ex-partner, Argentine Fernando Cerimedo (owner of La Derecha Diario, former advisor to Milei, and a close associate of President Rodrigo Paz), of ordering the attack to silence her.
She stated that she had witnessed government corruption, that he had assaulted her previously, and that her cell phone containing the evidence was stolen. Early this morning, Cerimedo was arrested at Viru Viru Airport as he attempted to flee to Buenos Aires.”
Beller Confirms CIA-Related Actions in LATAM Politics
On Tuesday, Nadia Beller, who is pregnant, made statements to the media from the medical center where she is hospitalized recovering from the attack on her life. She revealed details about the activities carried out by Fernando Cerimedo, an Argentine political operative who has been associated with actions deployed by the United States to place right-wing presidents in Latin America.
“He told me that they were also people from the CIA. That is how Nadia Beller described the circle of operatives around Fernando Cerimedo, Milei’s former adviser, hours before he was detained in Bolivia,” Diario Red America Latina reported.
“Beller said she was lured to a hotel under a false pretext and that she was shot more than four times. She says she pretended to be dead to survive,” it added.
“In her testimony, she also alleges previous violence, government cover-up and links to illicit businesses — accusations that, so far, are part of her statement and have not been independently confirmed.”
In his conversations with Beller, Cerimedo mentioned other far-right political operatives such as Brad Parscale and CIA agents. She also indicated that Cerimedo served as a political consultant in the presidential campaigns of Mauricio Macri and Javier Milei in Argentina, Jair Bolsonaro in Brazil, and Rodrigo Paz in Bolivia.
“Cerimedo denies everything and speaks of a campaign against him,” Diario Red America Latina commented, noting that the case against him for attempted homicide is advancing in the Bolivian Prosecutor’s Office.
Meanwhile, communicators aligned with the Bolivian government have launched a discrediting campaign against Beller. They maintain that a pregnant woman could not withstand three gunshot wounds and that she had staged an alleged self-attack involving nonfatal gunshots.
teleSUR/ JF
Source: Diario Red America Latina – EFE
From teleSUR English via This RSS Feed.


(@Anxiousvids)