
An Israeli airstrike killed at least six people, including a child, at a café in the port of Gaza, as Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu continues to reject the U.S.-backed plan to end hostilities in the Strip.
Netanyahu continues to insist that the Israeli army will not withdraw from Gaza unless Hamas agrees to disarm first. Hamas insists it will only hand over its weapons once Israel withdraws its soldiers.
The Israeli forces, which currently occupy around 60% of Palestinian territory, said their target was a meeting of several Hamas commanders allegedly planning attacks, but so far they have not provided any evidence.
Palestinian Red Crescent teams evacuated the dead and several seriously wounded people from the site, while specialized teams continued efforts to rescue other people who fell into the port basin as a result of the Israeli attack.
RELATED:Gaza’s Water and Sanitation Imminent Collapse Threatens Two Million Palestinians
Following the aggression, various Palestinian resistance factions, including the Palestinian Mujahideen Movement, called on the international community and mediators to adopt practical measures to stop what they describe as ongoing Israeli crimes and to protect Palestinian civilians. The movement said the escalation undermines the efforts of mediators seeking an agreement to stop the aggression.
Hamas has condemned Tuesday’s Israeli attack on a crowded port café that killed at least seven Palestinians, calling it a “blatant disregard for calls by mediators and guarantor states for a ceasefire.”https://t.co/LQXktl2YQE
— Quds News Network (@QudsNen) August 19, 2026
Hamas issued a statement denouncing the Israeli attack as a “flagrant disregard for all ceasefire calls issued by mediators and guarantor states.”
The attack took place one day after Jared Kushner, son-in-law of President Donald Trump and special envoy to the region, concluded an unsuccessful visit aimed at advancing Washington’s 15-point peace plan.
From teleSUR English via This RSS Feed.

